Cloud computing is still in its infancy. There is still a lot of room to grow. And I think it will. Here are several reasons why cloud computing will continue to grow in popularity and become a necessity for many businesses.
- The cost of traditional computing is continuing to increase;
- The cost of maintaining on-premises servers and data centers for many companies makes it counterproductive to carry on with traditional computing;
- Cloud hosting is getting cheaper and cheaper;
- Most companies do not need bundled packages and they are starting to realize they can pay only for the computing services they actually use;
- More and more choices are being added to the virtualization packages on the market so that, soon, customized clouds will be the norm.
Cloud computing is not difficult to grasp. It is rather simple, really, once you understand the nature of the Internet and cloud computing. Traditional computing will soon go out of fashion and be replaced entirely by cloud computing.