Everyone likes a good tutorial. Today we’re going to get into (a little bit) C# and how to create user controls in Visual Web Developer 2010. In addition to Visual Web Developer 2010, or Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, you’ll need an Internet connection with Microsoft 7, and a basic understanding of the Web with some programming experience.
First, create an empty website using C#. Here are the steps to do that:
- Open Visual Web Developer 2010 or Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
- Select New Website in the File menu, dropdown menu, or start page
- In the dialogue box, select Installed Templates
- Select Visual C# from the dropdown list
- From the list in the center select Empty ASP.NET Website
- In the Web location box, select Browse
- Rename your file if you so desire by deleting “/website1” and replacing it with your file name
- Navigate to the folder where you want to save your project files
- Click OK
Now you want to create your user controls and your ASP.NET server controls.
In the solution explorer in your software program, click on the name of your website. Select Add New Item. Next, select Web User Control. In the name box type ListPicker and click Add.
The next step is to build your user interface. To complete the steps and create your user controls, visit DBTutorials. There you’ll find more detailed instructions.